Before taking this medicine
You should not use Glucophage if you are allergic to metformin, or if you have:
- severe kidney disease; or
- metabolic acidosis or diabetic ketoacidosis (call your doctor for treatment).
If you need to have surgery or any type of x-ray or CT scan using a dye that is injected into your veins, you may need to temporarily stop taking Glucophage. Be sure your caregivers know ahead of time that you are using this medication.
Tell your doctor if you have ever had:
- kidney disease (your kidney function may need to be checked before you take this medicine);
- high ketone levels in your blood or urine;
- heart disease, congestive heart failure;
- liver disease; or
- if you also use insulin, or other oral diabetes medications.
You may develop lactic acidosis, a dangerous build-up of lactic acid in your blood. This may be more likely if you have other medical conditions, a severe infection, chronic alcoholism, or if you are 65 or older. Ask your doctor about your risk.
Follow your doctor’s instructions about using Glucophage if you are pregnant or you become pregnant. Controlling diabetes is very important during pregnancy, and having high blood sugar may cause complications in both the mother and the baby. Tell your doctor if you become pregnant while taking Glucophage. product price is per pill.minimum order quantity is 100pills ,no prescription needed